Friday, February 25, 2011

How accurate are diabetic test strips?

I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes and stuck a finger 4 hours a day for three days earlier. My measurements were between 120 to 160 (one hour after the meal) and today, after dinner I read 185 suspects, I did it again immediately and showed 143 These two measures were back on the same machine, same strip etc. test. This makes me wonder what is the accuracy of these tests. (The one that uses the OneTouch) Yes, one hour after meals. 4readings a day, is the first permanent (that occupies the first morning after waking) and three measurements for an hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. This question has been asked a lot in this forum. glucose meters in the home are always a little off, but the data are good enough to let you know if you have a big problem or not. You will have the same data type regardless of the brand you use. Your doctor says you test an hour after the meal? Two hours is common. The current generation of blood glucose monitoring gives the same treatment as venous blood samples were all doctors over-the-counter glucometers use in their offices. OneTouch is a respected brand, but now it really does not matter which brand you. I prefer glucometer with a USB connection, because when connected to a computer to print 5 pages of data. Individual tracks are recorded by date and time, they are, on average, and they will be represented graphically. It is very rare that two different treatments, one after another. Neither glucometers or laboratories are perfect and the two can sometimes make mistakes. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. I wish you the best of health and bless God for everything .

0 comments:

Post a Comment